- Fan artist cameos are running low.
- Free physical copies of HPMOR are being sent to talented STEM youth. We can use testimonials and help with distribution.
- CFAR has upcoming workshops, and you can register interest in a traveling workshop for your city. CFAR now has a newsletter.
- Fan art / fan works update.
The current arc is the second-to-last major arc of HPMOR (though there should be a couple of one-shot updates between the end of this arc, and the final arc). This means I am running low on cameo opportunities for fan artists. If you have not already received a cameo or have not yet contacted me with your cameo name, I cannot guarantee that there will be future opportunities to add cameos.
Certain parties have begun a project of distributing free physical copies of HPMOR Ch. 1-17 to various places where they may reach exceptionally talented youth or young adults. (E.g., Stuyvesant High School, the MIT campus, the offices of Facebook, etcetera.) If you live near a likely target location and would be willing to spread around some HPMOR paperbacks, check here to see if your location is on the list, or to make a case for it if not listed.
The project of distributing HPMOR to talented youth can potentially be helped by testimonials, especially from academic professionals, International Mathematical Olympiad contestants, C-level managers, Study of Exceptional Talent alumni, etcetera. If you can honestly offer such a testimonial in HPMOR’s favor, please do so! Help the next generation grow up cognitively reflective!
The Center for Applied Rationality has upcoming workshops in the Bay Area on July 20-23 and October 11-14, and in New York in November 1-4. The July workshop has only a few seats left, so move swiftly on that one.
I attended some of the free units that CFAR ran at the Effective Altruism Summit. They’ve improved further. See the workshops page for more info.
CFAR is developing a lower-cost 1-day traveling workshop. Let them know if you or friends would attend one of those in your city (the choice of cities may be affected by this, so don’t delay).
And finally, sign up for the CFAR newsletter to be kept informed of such in the future. CFAR may in the near future be piloting free tests of volunteer-run hours of life consultation and/or instruction in the advanced rational arts, and this newsletter should give you fast notice when they initialize the queue.
Fan art update:
- Hespiridia, she of the haunting Sphere of Stars, brings us this theme music, originally intended for 89, but I think it most suited to 90-92: Irreversible.
- Vienna Lerough (Vienna Wood in Ch. 96 ) brings us Green Ice and Abstraction.
- Nekonutchi shows us Dumbledore in his office. (Contact me with your cameo name.)
- Kuzosama: Don’t Make Me Snap My Fingers. (Need cameo name.)
- Somerandomperson95: Hello little shadow 1 2 3 4 5 6. (Need cameo name.)
- The eternal Dinosaurusgede returns with Dumbledore’s Madness.
- Anhyvar brings us Hermione vs. Hat and Cloak (Michelle Morgan in Ch. 88).
- Thewnaeffect: Waltz of the Chaos Legion (audio)
- Dzhu: Hogwarts letter, Sorting ceremony
- Whatevercat: Harry and the phoenix (cameo donated to Hallie Fleming in Ch. 96)
- And the mysterious pinkyoungceo on Tumblr brings us Only Nothingness Above. (Need cameo name.)
Neel Nanda has produced an EPUB of Ch. 1-87 with Author’s Notes included (and the retracted note for Ch. 20 deleted).